Sunday 2 February 2020

Two games on the sewage plant

Sooo...A week is gone and I have three new reports for you!

The first one is a bit older, but was an entry for WiseKensai Bromad Academy-mission:
https://www.bromadacademy.com/2020/02/mission-017-report-positioning-and-objectives/

Always interesting to share some thoughts and do some challenges, but my lists recently go with this mission on a native way.

Two fresh games were played yesterday. We redid the match-ups from last Saturday, but we changed the mission. Two games of Aquisition against Tunguska and Morats.

Over the week, I got a little bored about this and taking Druze again. At the moment, I have the feeling to know what works and how things work and don't want to grind my opponents with the same list over and over again - they would not grow on this, as when they would face different list-types. I could have picked my Saito-Scarface list both times now, but I see no hope for Scarface against Tunguska. But then I came up with an intersting idea and wanted to dig a little bit in AVA 4 Bashi Bazouks. One is always a good idea, but a second one needs a different task. Entering at the same spot than the other one doesn't feel useful, so the holoprojector had to pay him. The unit to project was found quickly with the Druze MSR, but needed two adjustments: The MSR could not be in the link to improve the trap and my orderpool should not be impacted that much if the right guy was shot. So I build a new core in group one and shifted the Bazouk with the MSR Druze in group two. This is the result:

 Druze Bayram Security
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7  / 1 
 DRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (E/M and Nimbus) / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
 DRUZE (X Visor) Shock Marksman Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
 DRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
 BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
 CLIPPER DRONBOT Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
 FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
 PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
 HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

GROUP 22 
 BASHI BAZOUK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
 BASHI BAZOUK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
 DRUZE (CH: Mimetism) MULTI Sniper / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
 KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
 BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
 FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
 PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
 BRAWLER Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

 5.5 SWC | 300 Points
 

Open in Infinity Army
 

 The general plan is to distract my opponent as much as possible and force him to make mistakes when he has to choose between which denied path he should force his way into the game. The core should be down to three guys quite fast, so they can move freely and deal damage where needed, until the pathfinders can score some objectives. Bashi Bazouk and Hunzakut should be the flexible back-up.

As expected, I got the same list then last week:
 Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 
 SECURITATE (Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
 SECURITATE (Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
 SECURITATE (Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
 INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
 HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
 HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
 STEMPLER ZOND FTO (Super-Jump) Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 18)
 REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
 VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
 SPEKTR (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)

GROUP 22  / 1 
 CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
 ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
 ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
 MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
 WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

 5.5 SWC | 297 Points
 

I wanted to play on my 'sewage plant table, which has some problems with LoF, so I wanted to try out some layouts here.
The planters were played as saturation and low-visibility zones.


I lost the Lt-roll but could go second and deployed second in the south.

On the left the pseudo-haris with the two Hollow-men and the FO-REM was deployed, together with a Zondbot, while a Warcor and a Securitate went on the little power unit on that side. Behind that building the Interventor hide. The center saw the missile-REM and the Clockmaker, while a TR-REM, a Securitate and a Zondbot went on the right power-unit. In front of that, Mary Problems and a FP-REM were set.

My right flank was covered by a the ABH, coming along with a MSR, a Fugazi and a Pathfinder, while my link covered the center with advanced deployed Druze. It was very challenging here to find some spots and paths, not seen by the TR-REM. The left building was covered by the Bashi and his holos. The real MSR Druze took the right side of the truck in the left, the other side saw a Fugazi and was supported by Pathfinder. Somewhere the EVO went.

A TO-marker deployed on the other building on the left, while I placed my camo marker on the right flank to get some access to that side. The Hollow-men multirifle was nominated as datatracker, as well as my E/M-Druze.

Tunguska 1:
I spent two CPs to reduce the Hollow-men group by two orders and bring up overclock on my REMs.
Mary Problems started by shooting a pitcher near my link and exploiting the conservative placement of my KHD. Two spotlights later, smart missiles were shot, I forgot to hack them and the SMR and E/M-Druze were dead. Now the Hollow-men advanced and shot the left Fugazi. The Interventor closed the turn by giving the TR makrsmanship.

Druze 1:
I needed to reduce the pressure and shoot a way out towards the objectives. While checking possible angles, two things became obvious: The table was to open or badly structured and we forgot to speak through some specifics of the table. So what I thought we play closed, where thought to be open and so on. This resulted in nearly no path for my troops for the whole game.
The right side was the only opportunity, but the nasty FP-REM would harm my Hunzakut too much. The ABH tried to shoot it, but got stunned. So the Hunzakut had to do it - and got stunned. Again bad communication happened which pinned my Hunzakut down. He recamoed, the ABH ran more into the center to have access to the tech-coffin and with my other orders I managed to discover and shoot the TO-Specter on the rooftop.

Tunguska 2:
Now my Brawler MSR saw a spotlight, followed by a missile and died. This encouraged the Hollow-men to advance and cross the LoF of a Fugazi and the Clipper. While the Fugazi stunned the spitfire, the Clipper wrecked the FO-REM to unc2. The multirifle finished the Fugaziand Clipper, while the Clockmaker repaired the FO-REM. The reformed link activated the left antenna, while Mary Problems took the right by killing the Hunzakut and tanking a mine.

Druze 2:
Things were getting worse and both Bashis were not in a position to finish the Hollow-men link. To change this, the Druze MSR advanced and attacked the TR-REM from about 40". Of course two crits ended his life directly. So the solution of the Hollow-men was postponed to turn three. The left Pathfinder advanced towards Mary Problems, got stunned (no surprise), but tanked the SMG of Mary Problems. My KHD then melted her brain as a minor success here. Unfortunately, the KHD was in LoF to the TR-REM and ate an other crit.

Tunguska 3:
The spitfire Hollow-men shot the Pathfinder, while the multirifle entered the tech-coffin. To get HVT:Kidnapping, the spitfire took the HVT in CivEvac and retreated a bit, while a Zondbot took the left antenna and the FP-REM the right one.

Druze 3:
There were no good chances available at this point, so everything to do was a hail mary. The ABH advnced and shot the TR-REM (really??), then the FP-REM and finally took a wound from the Hollow-men multirifle. The chaincolt stopped his path of luck here. While my Lt missed the Zondbot with his rifle, the Bashi shot down the multirife with his SMG.

Instead of a 10-0, I reduced it to a 4-0 loss.
If I would have been a bit more concentrated during turn 1, the right flank could have been secured, what would have opened up some space in turn 2 and three. But in general, I had to pay for some deployment-mistakes (placing the KHD not exposed enough to cover the spotlight-attempts) and mostly for not talking through the table properly.
But what went exactly as planned was the MSR-trap. Even after one echo disappeared in turn two, my opponent did not started asking about this case and followed being scared by the projected guns. Against more experienced players, the effect would be reduced, but in the heat of a tournament, this is not guaranteed and in the end there are still four possible targets and you have to choose, which you want to ignore and which not. Really great!

The first action was to change the table to be more playable and not so no-brainer for big guns.


Again, it went against the same Morat-list then last week, so I was aware of the Rasyats this time!

 Morat Aggression Force
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

10 
 MORAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
 MORAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
 MORAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
 MORAT Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 19)
 MORAT (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
 KORNAK Lieutenant Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 41)
 RAICHO MULTI HMG + Heavy Shotgun, Mine Dispenser / . (2 | 94)
   RAICHO PILOT 2 Heavy Pistols, D-Charges, Knife. ()
 MORAT Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
 RASYAT Combi Rifle, D-Charges, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 29)
 RASYAT Spitfire, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 34)

 5.5 SWC | 296 Points
 

Open in Infinity Army

I lost the Lt-roll, should go second and chose the south DZ.

Kornak started far left, covered by the core-link on the left power-unit. The Hacker saved the center and the Rasyat spitfire should test his shoes by deploying on the right side.

All my guns were placed in the center, where I got some nice firelanes towards the objectives, while my REMs covered the sides. My link was very dispersed, since I wanted to weaken the ML. So the E/M Druze went on the right rooftop, the Clipper behind that building. So I was forced to have only one possible linkleader and could not use the MSR, more left in the center, actively. I let look back every unit possible, including the real Bashi and my Lt, lying on the rooftop on the left side.

The Raicho also got the right side, while I wanted to harm Kornak with my Hunzakut on the left. Kornak was nominated datatracker and I chose my ABH as flexible unit. This time, he brought a brand new multirifle.

Morat 1:
The Raicho started shooting some rounds into my Fugazi and after a heavy shootout critted him. Further advancing, he managed to wreck the Clipper, but got stunned by the left Pathfinder. The combi-Rasyat tried to jump on the only blind spot left in my DZ: Behind my Lt on the rooftop. A 17 saved my life here and it scattered into my DZ between MSR Druze and Bashi Bazouk. Kornak wanted to advance, but got stunned by my Fugazi.

Druze 1:
With the Raicho facing towards my main-force, it would have been the best opportunity for the parachiting Bashi, but the ML covered his entry-zone, so an other plan needed to be forged. The Raicho was also standing in ZoC of the right Pathfinder, so the EVO spotlighted him (I now checked my chart and saw that this was a mistake here, sorry for that). This encouraged the ABH to go for the Raicho with his multirifle and after a few rounds, he could shoot him unc. I used this to FO him and score telemetry.

Morat 2:
Kornak tried to advance again, but again got stunned. The remaining Rasyat struggled with his position and being seen by my Brawler MSR or not. After some shoot-outs, he lost his nerves, advanced further and got shot by my SMR. In the same move, he finally critted my Brawler. Now the ML-Morat shot the SMR, but got a long shot between his eyes from the real MSR Druze.

Druze 2:
Things were done here in most cases. My Hunzakut shot down Kornak and took the left antenna, placed a repeater there and entered suppressive fire. I was afraid of having him shot into retreat, so my ABH took the tech coffin in a bad position and entered suppressive fire, too.

Morat 3:
Not in retreat, a hailmary needed to be started with the Hacker shooting down my ABH, but failed on my Hunzakut.

Druze 3:
I wanted the techcoffin back, so the hacker needed to die. Of course, the Hunzakut failed again and died in exchange. So the KHD had to shoot a pitcher and critted the hacker dead. The remaining orders were used to get a Pathfinder on the left antenna, the entering Bashi on the right and the KHD on the coffin.

7-0 for Druze in an okay game. I played inefficiently, my opponent made bad decisions and the table was not the best. If the Rasyats were used to get eclipse-grenades down and open up better paths for Kornak and the Raicho, things would have been different, but this potential was not used. To kill the Raicho with my datatracker was quite risky and could have gone wrong.
In this game my MSR-trap striked again by scaring away Kornak and the Raicho and doing a lot of psychic pressure. Again, my opponent did not checked my order count and so on, so he was constantly thinking to have four MSRs against him. To make it extra sweet, I get a chaincolt and a SMG in my DZ - great!

But I will break up this table for the future. The walkways need some different type of terrain to avoid redicilous LoFs and the other buildings could be used better in a different setting.

In general, I am very satisfied with the way to play and the list. It works by focussing on the mission and avoiding going for most damage and taking the risks there. Druze is not that mobile to get safe kills, so you need to snack, whatever got exposed to your guns during the game. This does not win you games, but it opens up paths to score points. You only need to do this in turn 2 in most cases to avoid order scarcitiy in turn three. Here I need to practice more to get this done and don't get stuck during turn 2 as it was in all my games against Tunguska.

The Bashi Bazouk with his holoprojector totally got me (and my opponents). To have his weapons in my DZ is valuable, to distract my opponent with an additional riddle to solve is great and to give him the chance to waste three orders until killing the real sniper is totally worth the price I pay here. You only need a spot where you can place four MSRs reasonable inside 8" to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Joining the wrong neighborhood [DBS vs. CA]

Even if it went very quite here, I have not quit playing Infinity. Nevertheless, we joined some other systems (Dystopian Wars, Dropfleet Com...