Thursday 2 January 2020

Tournament preperation

Before the tournament starts next Saturday, two more games could be squeezed in, but without the expected results.

Game 1 was against Tunguska in a match of decapitation. I chose the list from the last games, as it was designed for this mission.

 Annhil
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7  / 1 
 DRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (E/M and Nimbus) / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
 DRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
 BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
 BRAWLER Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
 BRAWLER Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
 VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
 DRUZE HMG, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
 HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

GROUP 21 
 BASHI BAZOUK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
 BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
 PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
 KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
 KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
 PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
   AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
 PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
 FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

 6 SWC | 300 Points
 

Open in Infinity Army

The HMG should do the main damage, then the other Druze or a Pathfinder should do the rest and the Bashi Bazouk could search for sweet targets. The only opportunity to kill the Lt woul be to isolate the actual one, laying somewhere on a roof and then killing the new one - maybe. Possible Datatrackers are the HMG or a Pathfinder, as Gromoz isn't that beast of a hacker, to survive any clash with an KHD.
 Jurisdictional Command of Tunguska
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 
 MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
 SECURITATE (Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
 SECURITATE (Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
 SECURITATE (Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
 INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
 HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
 HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
 STEMPLER ZOND FTO (Super-Jump) Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 18)
 VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
 REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)

GROUP 22  / 1 
 SPEKTR Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Cybermines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
 WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
 CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
 ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
 ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

 5.5 SWC | 299 Points
 

Open in Infinity Army

I played against this list several times, each time something was improved. The Hollow Men form a core-link with the Stempler to deal damage and provide a network for hacking and smart missiles. And that is all of the trick. Together with all the other nasty stuff, Tunguska has.




I lost the Lt-roll and got the second turn, but chose the south DZ. It provided more opportunities to choose the angle of attack, while the other half of the table was more open, where the HMG could work quite well.

Tunguska deployment was focussed on the sides with Mary Problems and two Securitates scattered around the building on the left and the Interventor, the TR-bot and a Zondbot on the roof. A Warcor climbed all the way up on the central obstacle and an other Securitate secured the silos on the right side, where the core-link deployed in front. The designated Target went on the left side behind the silo.

Going second, I changed my plan for the link a bit. The core was build by the Brawlers, the HMG and Gromoz with everyone but the ARO-Brawlers on the ground to shift in aggressive mode when the ARO-pieces will be dead. The freed Druze forward deployed in the middle of the table with the LGL prone on the roof of the central building. The right side was given to a Pathfinder and the EVO-bot and a Kameel placed on the building. Fugazi and the other Pathfinder were near the link to lower pressure on the HMG if possible. My designated target went on the left side, guarded by the Hunzakut and backed up by the Bashi Bazouk (using AD).

A TO-marker was placed in the middle of the Tunguska DZ and I deployed my Peacemaker in front of my Druze in the center, the Auxbot in the right corridor from there. Mary became Datatracker and I chose the normal Druze, as he could get nice angles onto the designated target.

Tunguska 1:
I kept my CT and spent one into overcklocking my REMs. The Interventor boosted the TR-bot, which killed my HRL-Brawler. Now the Hollow Men could walk freely, jumping through the corridor of the Auxbot. The distance was misjudged and the FO-bot burnt, together with one wound of the Multi-Hollow Man. They continued, shooting a pitcher next to my LGL, which was used by the Interventor to spotlight the Datatracker. A few orders later, the Peacemaker was wrecked and both Druze in the middle were scattered everywhere by smart missiles. Mary Problems advanced on her designated target and went into suppression fire.

Druze 1:
Two Druze down and the Brawler Sniper alive...not what I wanted. To get my HMG free, the TR-bot had to go down and to test the abilities of my Pathfinder, I chose the right one, giving him Marksmanship and crossing the table to shoot at it. Misjudged on 17" it got destroyed immideatly. Plan B became the Fugazi, but again the distance was wrong and it got killed. Now the Hunzakut was the last opportunity, but was harrassed by the Warcor while doing his job. Two orders later, the Hunzakut was alive, the TR-bot totally destroyed and the Warcor not successfull. Yey!

Tunguska 2:
Mary Problems went on the other side of the silo and killed the Hunzakut. The designated target could dodge the SMG. Now the Hollow Men activated, reaching my link from the left flank and shooting chain colts over the wrecked Fugazi into Gromoz, the Pathfinder and the HMG. All REMs were wrecked, but staied on the table. Gromoz died, the HMG dodged and saved everything!

Druze 2:
If it were turn 3, I would be glad, because I would have six orders available and the HMG with two others in a link. But it was only turn 2. For my luck, Mary and the Hollow Men were so positioned, that one place on my left table edge was uncovered.That allowed the Bashi Bazouk a save route. He finished off Mary and with the following order taking one Str from the undamaged Hollow Man, before he got killed by the chaincolts. The HMG dodged out of chaincolt-range and started to finish the Hollow Men successfully.

Tunguska 3:
A Securitate did a long run towards my link, providing a repater there. Now I got lucky again and resetted/dodged that often, that no orders were left to kill anything. The Securitate tried a shot onto my HMG, but can't resist the viral pistol.

Druze 3:
Because of the saved CTs, I could pull everyone into one group and had six orders available. The link went forward, forced the Warcor out of sight and killed the designated target. With the last order, a Zondbot was killed.

No Lts were killed and I lost 182 points to 164 killed. So I lost 5 to 2.

I was impressed by the flexibility of link building this time. While I thought about this in an in-game-approach like rebuilding stuff, when needed, the real strength is the tuning of your links towards the situation before the first turn begins. So I could use the full potential of the HMG. Without the obvious mistakes in turn 1, there would have been a lot potential more everywhere. An other point of remark is the Bashi Bazouk. I tried him a lot, entering from the enemies side of the table. Here no good opportunities could be created and deploying was difficult. While having him in my half of the table, he can enter savely and solve problematic situations near your DZ, what is great. Here the SMG can really shine.
One point to the splitted groups: This game, I had enough orders for everything I wanted to do and needed to do and could recreate everything I needed with three CTs. That went very well this time.

Game two was Quadrant Control against JSA. I took the same list than before and the table staied the same.


 Japanese Secessionist Army
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

10  / 1
 KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 14)
 KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 17)
 KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
 KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 22)
 KUROSHI RIDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Breaker Pistol, AP + Shock CCW. (0 | 33)
 NINJA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 42)
 SAITO TOGAN Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW, Knife. (0 | 39)
 NINJA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 40)
 NINJA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 40)
 ONIWABAN Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (0 | 41)

 5 SWC | 297 Points
 

Open in Infinity Army

Basically a back-up link for the Kuroshi Rider and a lot of TO-markers, scattered everywhere. I don't know exactly about which Ninjas where there and what was the Oniwaban.

I lost the Lt-roll and was given the opposite DZ than last game, where I should deploy first. Because of much more potential of going second, I took the bitter pill and went second, but deployed first.
The core-link went around the building on the right side, together with a Pathfinder and the Kameel. Fugazi and the other Pathfinder secured the center of my DZ, while Bounty Hunter, EVO and Gromoz took the left side. Gromoz was placed there to form a Duo with the HMG, if necessary. In front of them, the Peacemaker took place. The Hunzakut went on the right side, behind the silo.

Three TO-markers scattered around the left side of the table, but not in my side and two were on the right. Only two didn't deploy on rooftops, but one took a position on the high obstacle on the right side, so that had to be the sniper. Kuroshi Rider started on the right side, too. The link completly went on the right building, without LOF to anything.

The HMG again went as back-up for the core, so he deployed among them. My datatracker was the LGL-Druze, because he wold be much scarier when deployed a bit advanced. JSA datatracker was the Keisotsu HMG.

1. JSA:
With his impetous order, Kuroshi Rider advanced, out of LOF of my link - due to a biiiig mistake of mine: While spreading prone-tokens, my sniper recieved one in the habit of having him deployed somewhere out of cover, but higher than his enemies. Now he was lying on a roof, looking nowhere...The Ninja-sniper then started his killing spree: HRL-Brawler, Bounty Hunter, Auxbot and the Fugazi. Kuroshi Rider advanced, dealing a bit with the Hunzakut, which layed a mine and got killed. One of the central markers was Saito Togan, advancing a bit, dsicovershooting the mine. Now free, Kuroshi Rider came along on the right side, devastating my link with his flamethrower. Pathfinder, LGL, HMG and Kameel went down, together with the Rider. Some crits on the opponents side did their thing in this turn.

1. Druze:
Only a few orders were left, but with the Peacemaker advanced and the MSV-Brawler alive, two sectors could be cleared. To do this, the sniper crawled along the roof, killing the Ninja-sniper. While going for Saito Togan, an other Ninja appeared on the opposite side of the table, shooting at the Brawler with a combirifle. I split burst: two against the new Ninja, one against Saito, thinking, that he was a save kill and the other ninja would be nice to get rid of now. Saito critted my Brawler, while the other Ninja died. Now my Lt had to do the job, but was critted again by Saito. I called things here, because there was nothing left to do.

I should have learned my lesson by surviving all the chaincolts from the Hollow Men in the previous game, or by McMorrough eating through my troopers the game before...But I haven't and had to pay for it again. I had no chance to counter deploy the Rider in a fitting way with my Peacemaker, lowering my speed-bump potential significantly. Besides that, I have no issues with my lists here, but with my way of playing and doing things.
Focussing on what you are doing is that important, especially with a restricted sectorial like Druze. You have to few back-ups to correct your failures during deployment or execution. What also is very important in my view is the estimation of vectors during deployment, or even while choosing sides. Know your weapons and situations, you want them to beand then choose their position on the table. In the first game, I had my HMG in mind and had a lot of favourable places for him. But not for all my other weapons. In the second game, I forgot about this, only choosing an obvious good spot for my ARO-pieces and hoping that everything will play out good. This needs to be changed in the next games!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Joining the wrong neighborhood [DBS vs. CA]

Even if it went very quite here, I have not quit playing Infinity. Nevertheless, we joined some other systems (Dystopian Wars, Dropfleet Com...