Sunday 9 February 2020

New week, new Morats

Again a Satuday went by and I could at least have one new game done. I wrote a list, where I combined the step back towards the Brawler-haris with the topics discussed in this thread: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/approaches-to-aro.36486/
For those who haven't read it yet, here is my conclusion: Indirect AROs by infiltrators, mines and such things tend to be more efficient and reliable than direct ones like linked snipers, flash pulses and so on. Since I managed the direct approach in my favour but not in a reliable way, I wanted to try the indirect way, what brings me back to two Hunzakuts. With this and the Brawler-haris, not much space was left for other toys:

 Druze Bayram Security
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7  / 1 
 HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
 DRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (E/M and Nimbus) / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
 DRUZE (X Visor) Shock Marksman Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
 DRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
 DRUZE Lieutenant (X Visor) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
 BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
 PATHFINDER DRONBOT Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
 FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 21 
 HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
 KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
 FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
 BRAWLER Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
 BRAWLER Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
 BRAWLER (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
 BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
 BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

 5 SWC | 299 Points
 

Open in Infinity Army

By taking everything necessary, 25 points and 1 SWC were left. As every regular order is valuable here, I wanted two regular orders for that. I chose the two ABHs over the Pathfinder and Kameel because of their size. Having two big REMs and an additional S3 to deploy safely is more problematic then putting some S2 guys somewhere prone and getting at least two SMGs with them. I hoped to reduce the pressure from my link with the Hunzakuts, so that the single Brawler there should be enough and would die soon enough to free three guys of the Druze-link to attack in turn three. Turn one should see a first strike of the Brawlers and/or Hunzakuts

The game went against Morats in Quadrant Control.

 Morat Aggression Force
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 
 MORAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
 MORAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
 MORAT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
 MORAT Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 19)
 MORAT (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
 KORNAK Lieutenant Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 41)
 RODOK Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
 SOGARAT AP HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 56)
 MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID (Journalist L1) Submachine Gun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
 RASYAT Combi Rifle, D-Charges, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 29)

GROUP 22 
 ZERAT Hacker (EI Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
 Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)

 6 SWC | 300 Points
 

Open in Infinity Army

While the Raicho in the previous lists tended to be too bulky and fragile, this time his power was divided into two new big guys and a TR-bot. I wasn't that scared by the Rodok, since he only has one die each shot, but the super jump can open up unthought vectors.

I splitted the former wastewater treatment plant from the last game day and tested some new terrain here. While first setting it up, it seemed to be less confusing and less open. We defined the walkways and the tri-buildings as completly closed.

I won the Lt-roll and wanted to deploy second in the south. My opponent decided to go second.

My opponent deployed his link on the right building with the FO behind it as liason officer and the ML on the roof. The building in the center saw the Q-drone and a bit more advanced behind the tank the Rodok started. On the left side Kornak was deployed, together with a Zerat hiding behind the power unit and the Sogarat left-centered behind a silo. The HVT was deployed on the right tank.

To pin the Rodok and the Sogarat, I decided to put my link around the tower on the right. The sniper went onto the tower and everything else behind it, more to the right flank and looking backwards as much as possible. The approach-path was denied by a Fugazi. The EVO also hid behind the walls. Both ABHs went in the center, one prone on the silo, one behind the stone. Left from that was a Fugazi to overwatch the Sogarat and behind it a Pathfinder. The Brawlers had the left flank, where also my HVT went. One Hunzakut went behind the staircase on the middle left.

Dr. Worm backed up Kornak on the left as reserve and I deployed a second Hunzakut on the right, near the antenna.

Druze 1:
I lost two orders from group two, what was not that urgent to my plans for that turns. I had to get rid of the ARO-pieces on the right and the Sogarat should be eridicated. I started on the Sogarat with the haris advancing, but getting stuck by a unpredicted firelane of the TR-bot (through all the obstacles, only my base could be seen from the TR-bot...). I calculated bad odds for the HRL against the TR-bot, so I shifted to my right flank, hopefully solving the problem there. The Hunzakut was chosen for this due to his camo and good ranges against his targets. After two shoot-outs, the ML critted him. I saw no other option to free my haris now, so I layed a mine against Kornak on the left and recamoed the Hunzakut.

Morat 1:
A Rasyat tried to jump into my DZ near the Pathfinder, but the EVO hacked his aircraft. So he scattered on a walkway and was critted by my Brawler-sniper. The Sogarat took revenge and critted the sniper back, then wrecked the left Fugazi and took a defensive position on the staircase. The Rodok started jumping and shot the right Fugazi. Kornak discovered and shooted the mine, then went into SF together with Dr. Worm.

Druze 2:
I had hoped for a further advanced Morat-force here, so that there were holes to use, but that was not the case. With the sniper dead, the Druze should clear the left on their own. I thought, I would get a LoF to the ML first, then to the TR-bot, so the link advanced, but with three orders left, I noticed that the TR-bot had the first LoF. With the mimetism, I had no chance here, so the E/M-launcher failed two times with speculative grenades. The Hunzakut tried to shoot the Sogarat, but with arm 9 in cover, that was useless, so he recamoed. On the walkway, the ABH crawled forward to get more points in the quadrants.

Morat 2:
The Rodok went on vacation and changed to the right side, killing the SMR, but failing on the E/M-launcher with his light shotgun. The core-link shifted a bit, so the ML could kill the E/M-launcher and the haris-Brawler on the left.

Druze 3:
If the Rodok would die, I maybe could manage to safe two quadrants and score my classified (again telemetry - didn't I shuffle the deck??). My Lt stood up, shooting against the Rodok, getting blasted by the TR-bot and failing to wound the Rodok. The KHD ate a crit from the Rodok, while the Hunzakut scored telemtry on the Sogarat but then was killed by him. I called it there.

10-1 for Morats. He made no big mistakes here, what could open up my approach and was helped by some crits. But what really broke my neck was my bad decisionmaking (and unforseen firelanes of the new table). The TR-bot was the main target in this game and without smoke, it needed to die. Only one unit was capable of doing it "safely" - the sniper. Mistake 1 here was to put him on the tower, where he was seen from start on. If he was deployed somewhere in an empty firelane, my opponent had to spend orders to get him and I could have picked the targets one by one. Mistake two then was to not sacrifice the sniper to get rid of the TR-bot. The sniper was dead in turn 2 for sure, so I should have gained some value of him and with more than 70% chance of success...Yeah, that was it.

Again a game was lost during deployment and turn 1, so I need to improve here. But what was lacking here again was a strong weapon. A linked HMG could have turned the table in turn 2 (maybe), where the SMR was outranged and outdiced. In addition to this, some basic-tricks are missing. I have major problems with TR-bots at the moment, what could be solved with smoke. This would also make the Brawler-sniper better. So I will try a list with the HMG and Saito next time, to look, if this will help. Otherwise my motivation is shrinking here more and more - I get more experience, but the result is stagnation or a decrease. That is not how it should go. Otherwise I could imagine some kind of getting stuck in a wrong direction. Maybe you don't have to think that much by playing Druze, than I tend to do at the moment - The no-brain list with Scarface and Saito runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Joining the wrong neighborhood [DBS vs. CA]

Even if it went very quite here, I have not quit playing Infinity. Nevertheless, we joined some other systems (Dystopian Wars, Dropfleet Com...